View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:37 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Another shuddering/ binding question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
"Ok, first the car has a 4.44 xmsn ". What is the xmsn?

The code 25 is the Torque Control, that cuts the engine power, this can be caused by the connections on the blue/green wires. It can also be because the battery is low in charge, causing the QC to charge slowly. There is a mod to prevent this if it is the problem.

Having said that, the QC won't cause the other problems that you have.
Thanks for the quick reply Harvey. The transmission is from a 98 Leggy outback, not sure of any numbers as it was on the car from the previous owner. And I was pretty sure the QC wasn't the problem as I read a thread about the code and the QC. I did not know about the mod though, I'll look into that and the wires to make sure the connection is true.

Quote:
This sounds like the throttle signal through the dropping resistor is changing, TPS?
Hmm, I'll have to search that as well, thanks.

Quote:
The shuddering in a turn can be the C Solenoid, the Transfer valve, or the Transfer clutch plates binding. But this won't cause it when crawling through traffic slowly, or under acceleration.
I noticed it more during traffic and it's more prominent during slow turns under light to heavy acceleration now

Quote:
I can't see anything in the box making a tapping sound, this would be more an external thing like the shielding. Fitting the fuse will turn the C solenoid off, but if it is caused by the Transfer valve or plates, it won"t change.

Harvey.
Drove around with the fuse in and the problem is still present. Not sure of what my next move should be. Transfer clutch , valves, C solenoid sounds pricey, what's a worst case scenerio with $$$ numbers.

Joey