View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:31 PM

Registered SVX
Another shuddering/ binding question.

Ok, first the car has a 4.44 xmsn with Quick Change, 108k on the chassis and not sure about xmsn. The car has a hard shift from 1st to 2nd sometimes and a slow shift from 2nd to 3rd. The power light would blink on every forth start and now blinks at every start. Pulled only one code, 25 prior and have the same code now. Now the shuddering starts when crawling through traffic 0-10mph under very light acceleration and making light right turns. I can also feel the shudder under normal acceleration but not as prominent during the slow crawl. Also when it does begin to shudder I hear a pinging sound coming from the center of the car, as if someone is lightly tapping on the driveshaft?

I've read that putting some type of ATF synthetic lube might fix the problem and that my code 25 could be coming from the QC charging up or the wires not seated properly in the wire taps. But the shuddering has me worried along with the tapping sound. I'm going to put in the FWD fuse in and try the lube and see what happens. But in the mean time anyone have any thoughts on what else to chase down?