View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 AM

Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

ahhh finally posting here...

11/07/12
purchased svx10's 5mt flat black monster and drove it home from az.

12/10
rim re-cracked during some ahem spirited back road driving.... made it all the way home without realizing it was flat... toyo proxes t1r are (were) really nice tires

12/28
finally got a new tire frigin 245 35 18 was unbelievably hard to find... but since i had to get new rims too i got me some rx8s the other 3 tires were still decent so i bought one new tire
AAA tow #1

then 1/5/13
blew out another sidewall on the old tire...nice tread but old enough it was brittle... in the middle of fing nowhere...no cell service snow on the ground no spare... ...hitchhiked to a podunk store and waited 4 hrs for tow.. see pic
gotta love AAA tow #2

1/10/13
finally swallowed the red pill and bough some lion hart 225 40 18s... was a little nervous about them but they are actually not too shabby for $350 all the way around.. AAA#3

1/18/13
fuel pump fails.... AAA#4 turns out it wasn't the pump, the pump is warlboro and still functional (and for sale my mechanic still bought a new one)... the wires leading into it were fried and exposed IN THE TANK whew dodged a hot one there...

1/25/13
was running an errand in town and low and behold i saw my old forester... and there was a parking spot right next to it! photo op! see the next post

2/5/13
at the absolute worst time ever, a throttle sticking issue where the throttle gets stuck sometimes when the clutch is in and my haste meant me grenading reverse... when i was already behind schedule to get to court
luckily i was at a friends house and he let me borrow his audi and i made it to court with literally 1 minute to spare.
also lucky is later when we pushed it out of the driveway the forward gears still worked so i made it home

2/7
tranny locks up in the grenaded reverse gear. at least in my driveway
AAA # 5
my car is very familiar with a flatbed lol

so today she is in the shop, tranny is out, and i don't know what to do...

anybody have an idea what it might cost to repair just reverse gear? its out of the range of my mechanics scope....
or should i sucker up and buy a new wrx trans? suckyyyyyyyyyy

svx...lotsa love sprinkled with a little bit of hate.
just like most of my relationships, we may bicker and she costs lots of money, but we are both happiest when I'm pinning her to the wall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svx.jpg (67.4 KB, 470 views)
File Type: jpg svx ****ty day.jpg (84.9 KB, 485 views)
File Type: jpg svx squaw valley.jpg (41.6 KB, 498 views)
File Type: jpg sexy ***** with a broken fuel pump.jpg (75.5 KB, 464 views)

Last edited by intellibomb; 02-14-2013 at 10:58 AM.