View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 AM

New (old?) Idea.

Ok, so I'm still split between a turbocharger and a supercharger for my EG33 swapped wagon.

Supercharger is the current king of cheap though, so that's kinda where my focus has currently been. But the problem with just mounting it inside the intake has always been the lack of intercooling, and excessively high intake temps.

soo....

WRX-ish TMIC (probably one of teh bigger ebay ones). Enlarge the "inlets" (now outlets) and run them to individual intake plenums, with runners that attach to the stock velocity stacks/injector jobbers.

Basically, mount the intercooler facing the normal direction, but flow the air in reverse.

My other idea was to do a panel filter on the non-supercharger side of the top of the motor ala:

So that you could have a 2nd hoodscoop for the filter, and it would make throttle body routing and compressor bypass a bit easier to route.

I should also mention I work in a CNC machine shop, so actually making brackets and plenums is relatively cheap (though time-consuming) for me.

Also I have questions and ideas about the plenum volume, runner length, etc.

And if you haven't realized it yet, I'm totally ripping this off, but with larger plenums and equal length runners, plus the EG would have more room on the drivers side top of the motor for the panel filter, and has COP instead of the IGN coils mounted there, so it's completely open:

Thanks guys!