View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:14 AM

Re: PP6 (perfectpower6) on our cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
MS4 doesn't exist, although they did just release something called an MS pro, which is basically a slightly refined MS3X plus all of the options in a weatherproof case. It's ok, just wait until I've got it all figured out and then hopefully it's just a a matter of wiring things up as I did, and loading my tune.

Some quick searching on the PP6 show that it basically fudges the MAF signal to the ECU, so the ECU injects more or less fuel accordingly. I really don't think that's the best way to go about it. It doesn't give you the complete control that a standalone does. Between that and LAN's stage 2 chip, I'd go with the chip.
I do apologize, I haven't looked at the DIY PNP store in a LONG time.
It does 'fudge' the signal, it basically takes a signal, modifies it and feeds it to the ECU. There's nothing that can really go wrong there. Well, I say that but anything can go wrong if you look at it just the right way.

I'm still up in the air about which tuning option to go with, I'd love a DIY PNP MS system, but having no clue how to tune it hinders my effectiveness. I need to watch some instructional vids on it. . .