Old 12-31-2012, 07:12 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: svx and snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm View Post
I paid 650.00 for it just under a year ago . Other than oil changes and a fuel filter the only big money I put in to it was a valve cover gasket kit ( 135.00) . Sold it for 2100 clams . Not to shabby . It would be great to get another good runner but kids are getting big and I miss my truck . So I figure buy truck so I can go on road trip to pick up another . Sounds like a good plan to me .
Great story msm, and I think your plan is very sensible. Getting an SVX is a great reason for a road trip.

The reason I stopped using my SVX for a dd was because there was not enough room in it, not enough doors and no space in the boot [trunk] for hauling big stuff. Now I have been using estates of one kind or another since then, currently using a JDM Forester Turbo.
[Note to self: self, update signature]

If any of you have seen the uTube video on traction where a Legacy is able to pull uphill on a set of slippy rollers? Well, the reason we can perform these traction tricks with the SVX [similar drivetrain to the Legacy] is because the automatic gearbox has full time all wheel control.

Even an Impreza with a six speed box and centre diff controls will not have the same control finesse at slow speed on gripless surfaces. This is because although the diffs in the "Preza are electronically altered front to rear the reality is that these diffs [on manual transmissions] are mechanical in nature on each axle and can not be infinitely variable for each individual wheel.

However the automatic gearbox has much more variable traction control per wheel.

Another good reason to be an SVX owner.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl