View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 04:34 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Adam Lanza - CT Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOSVX View Post
Yeah, if someone comes a shootin', I'm not gonna lay down and die! It's already too late if they've come with their guns a blazin'.

Just seems like there should be some way to prevent this. I'm as clueless as anyone as to the way to do that, though. Probably too ingrained in human nature.

I just read an article on Pop Sci online, "Would Arming Teachers and Students Really Have Prevented a Tragedy." They refer to a 2009 Univ Penna study that claims that if a victim had a chance to resist, he or she was 5.5 x more likely to be shot. There's a lot more to it and I can't say that I'm convinced of the validity of the study results. Interesting reading, though.
I dont believe those studies as the information can be distorted.

Look at it this way if one gunman walks into a room with 200 other gunmen/and women, and he knows every one there is armed and knows how to shoot would he be willing to die after one or 2 shots?
Yes some of these people are willing to die but they want easy targets, and multiple body count.
Also dont forget the pain. If the gunman is shot in a part of the body that wont immediately kill the pain of that would be a deterrent