View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Every member please check in here!

Don't think I've ever checked in. Bought my '97 Polo in Summer of 2011. I was looking at old 928s and 280z when my son spotted the SVX locally for sale. I've never liked them, thought the split windows to be too DeLorean-ish. Thought that it might be a good car for him some day till I actually stopped and looked closely, then drove it. Wow. He'll have to get his own. I thought a car I can drive fast that is really already complete, unlike the cars I'd been looking at, and can be a dd (but isn't), awd is big for Wyoming and kids can sit in the back.
So, now with 75K, tinting, 5 speed, new Pioneer dbl din/backup cam, Apkarian's lights, HID w/halos, STi wheels and new Conti's, AMR Coilovers when they're ready. Once I take care of my relay troubles, I'll look into paint touchup for some dings/scratches, and stage one will be complete and I can just enjoy for a while. Until I get sucked in by all the fun mods on the forums again.
Thanks to all who've offered great help and advice so far.
My favorite thing about the look of the SVX is that it is so similar in looks to the Citroen SM of the early 70's, a car I've talked myself out of buying twice- thankfully. Really, the SVX is an improvement of that design to my eyes. (Just my opinion.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1973CitroenSM.jpg (308.7 KB, 516 views)