View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Definitely Not SVX-Help with Lawnmowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Bad timing! I just sold a 20 year old 2-stroke LawnBoy that had been used for 2 years and sat for 18. Wasn't self propelled but it did all the other stuff on your list. It had the alloy deck and weighed next to nothing, so I never saw a need for the self-propel complexity. Anyway it's gone.

I don't have a push mower anymore. Rider is a Simplicity Broadmoor with Briggs v-twin, 15+ years old and still going. Lots of little things happen to it such as vibration cracks and stuff falling off and whatnot, but the expensive bits have been dead reliable.

I agree with a lot of the comments about big-box store mowers. Even if they have the same name, they're very often custom made for the big-box and the quality isn't the same as the ones at the local mower shop.

My suggestion is to find a local mower shop you like and buy what they sell.
Lots of little things happen to it such as vibration cracks and stuff falling off and whatnot, but the expensive bits have been dead reliable.

That's the Snapper. It's 13 years old. It doesn't 'mulch' at all. It cuts the grass at the blade and throws the entire piece of whatever you are mowing about 10 feet. Stress cracks galore!
The city used it for 10 years to mow the flood control 'dikes'.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry