View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 AM

Re: Happy Birthday Dessert man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
This brings up an interesting question. Are you a desert runner or a dessert runner?
Okay so you want to know the answer?????

Well I am dyslexia so spelling is a big issue, major problem. When I created the account I got confused over if it needed 2 "S" or one. By the time I figured out (asked my wife) the correct answer it was to late so I had to live with it. My log in was already created.

During my life the lack of spelling has casued some funny problems for me, A number of years ago Heinz and I owned a company together and I had to send them a fax. I typed it up on a computer, printed it out and faxed it to the guy.

The sentance that was a issue said
"The load will arrive at your warehouse tomorrow"

The next day I spoke to him and he said "I got the fax but what the hell has *****house got to do with it. Due to my spelling problem I had miss spelt ware house and the spell checker changed it to *****house and I couldn't tell the difference.

The other funny thing was I have a saying that I have used for 30 years and its,
"Sympaphy is in the dictionary between sh-t and suicide",

It was only after 25 years that my wife bothered to tell me that it wasn't, I had lived a lie (Its still a good saying).

Anyway, on the flip side the spelling is the negitive but on the positive I have a brain that thinks differently to everyone else. So I can solve complex problems in my head and that is why I have made my wealth in life.

In short I stuffed it up but does it really matter that much.

Keep well all.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.