View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:20 PM

Re: sti alloy lateral links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireiron View Post
I have the whiteline adjustables also. They are nice because you can dial in whatever camber you want to run. On subarus I like to start with -1.5 all around and work from there based on how it feels and acts.

Changing the trailing arms out won't make much difference. The OEM arms are quite a decent design and once you replace the trailing arm bushings it tightens things up significantly.

Adding diff bushings, outrigger bushings, and subframe bushings really locks everything down in the rear. I've gotten rid of all the rubber bushings in the rear. The only rubber bushings left in the car are the front control arm bushings.
Tireiron, when you say all you have left to swap out is the control arm bushings, have you replaced any of the bushings in the rear differential crossmember or the rear sub-frame? I too have intentions to replace each and every one with poly. Current i have purchased a set from a Poland company which include everything but the rear sub-frame bushing (at least they look like bushings). While dismantiling "my baby" for the rebuild I have taken measurements for each of these 'bushing' and have been talking with whiteline on replacements. Anyhow, just curious if those are included in what you have done, merely for personal reference.

THanks!~

[1992 LSl, Claret 160k] / [1992 LSl, Dark Teal #378 172k] / [1992 LSl, Claret 150k] / [1992 LSl, Liquid Silver donor] / [1992 LSl, Liquid Silver 4.44] / [1997 LSi, Polo green #089, 150k]

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34, white 35k miles
1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro, charcoal grey >200k (first car)
1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro, charcoal grey >200K (for sale)
1986 Honda VF500F Interceptor
1994 GMC Jimmy S-15