View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:46 PM

Re: sti alloy lateral links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireiron View Post
I have the whiteline adjustables also. They are nice because you can dial in whatever camber you want to run. On subarus I like to start with -1.5 all around and work from there based on how it feels and acts.

Changing the trailing arms out won't make much difference. The OEM arms are quite a decent design and once you replace the trailing arm bushings it tightens things up significantly.

Adding diff bushings, outrigger bushings, and subframe bushings really locks everything down in the rear. I've gotten rid of all the rubber bushings in the rear. The only rubber bushings left in the car are the front control arm bushings.
I've got camber bolts on my rear struts to pull the top of the wheel in because of the 22 rear offset I'm running so don't really need the links to be adjustable. I've found the rear camber works really well with cornering

I plan on taking all the rubber out at some point myself, did you notice much of a difference in noise and vibration?
93 Liquid Silver SVX - sti 6 speed with R180 diff, my05 sti steering wheel, sti alloy lateral links, 19x8.5 275/30 42mm offset front and 19x8.5 275/30 22mm offset on the rear, 6 pot brembo caliper with 355 rotors front, 2 pot brembos rear
95 bright red SVX
96 emerald pearl SVX about to revive