View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:30 PM

Re: JDM driveline swap

Yea I can't wait to get my JDM 6MT in there with the DCCD bias in it. We swapped a US 6MT into my friends bugeye without a DCCD controller and you can really feel both LSDs (front and rear, cant wait for mine) and the DCCD being locked up in parking lots on tight turns. It really makes the car feel different on long tight curves like exit ramps too. Tightens things up and makes it more oversteer prone, which is nice in a car that has WAY too much understeer.

That 3.70 that you have is an awesome ratio for the SVX and highway RPMs. I hope you really enjoy it, I'm out of luck with a 3.90 final drive and one of the shortest 6th gear ratios ever used. It will at least keep me slowed down some on the highway I guess. Gotta stay out of boost while cruising or I will empty the water/meth tank too fast.

Keep us posted on if you find any differences once you get into things with the JDM motor and electronics more. I don't expect much of a difference in the motor at all but the ECU may be a world apart once you start playing around with it.