Thread: TURBOs!?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:23 AM

Re: TURBOs!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'E' View Post
bazza what are your thoughts on a GT3576 a/r .65 on the compressor and a/r 1.17 twin scroll turbine? its one of the options im playing with
I think that would certainly work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'E' View Post
the other option im playing with is twin GT2560r with a/r .60 compressor and a/r .64 turbine, i have both options already but your thoughts would be appreciated
That would also work. The only issue with twins is the amount of extra work and cost to get it setup. I considered it for mine with 2 x TD05h's or VF34's but CBF doing the extra work... 2 dump pipes... water pipes... oil feeds and returns. One turbo is annoying enough haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
I would not be looking for maximum horse power - maybe low 300s, but to let it rev freely to the redline and retain the N/A V8 feel it has now. Transient torque chracteristics are very important, I do not wish to loose any of this.

So, you may say that the end result should be like a 21st century OEM set up . Boring, no kick in the pants .

Tapani
Sounds like my setup. The reason I ditched the EJ257 for the EG33 /GT35R setup is the ability for the motor to give both huge midrange and good top end power. The GT35R turbo I selected is rather small however it's very linear power and instant response across the entire rev range. If you want a lot of power with the EG33, you really need the GT40R or bigger. I could easily get 1000Nm of torque before 4000 rpm with my setup and a bit more boost - is that enough torque for you?