Thread: TURBOs!?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: TURBOs!?

I don’t want to mislead anyone.

The first turbo that was on the net was Chucks on yahoo around 99. This had the problem of the engine going flat and the manifold boost pressure spiking, there was another one but can't remember who. Years later when Phil was going to do his, we were talking about it on a thread, and he said that he was going to do his, with the two engine pipes going right up to the turbine.
The result was his Quote, that I posted.

“E85 and 15lbs of boost. It is rediculous. No knock and more power you could ever dream of. Slow burning so less tensile pressure than gasoline and cool at RBT. No need to build a motor for thousands of dollars with this kind of performance and tourqe.
unbelieveable.....it pulls to redline as it should. its running about 11.7:1 in the upper rpm range.”

Both of these engine were basically stock, the different header pipes made the difference, and yes I based my Fact on that, but it was factual enough for me.

As for the rest, you say “Now the EZ30 and the EG33 run the EXACT same firing order. They run the same port design intake and exhaust and the engines are VERY similar.”

The EZ30 is very similar, the same inlet manifolding, same valve timing, but you show a picture of a EZ30R engine that has the variably valve timing. This is the engine that Perrin is using. Nothing like manifolding or the fixed valve timing of the EZ30 or EG33.

So when you go telling people, “that they don’t know anything and to learn from you”??

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.