View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: East Coast-based 24 Hours of LeMONS/CHUMPCAR World Series SVX Race Team??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade View Post
I think we are going to want a little bit more reasonable footwear on the beast. Looking a a minimum of 200 UTQG, the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec compares very favorably on Tirerack, in both wet and dry performance, with the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 and the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11, both of which are known as very good street/track compromises with wear ratings of 180. The Dunlop is also significantly less expensive going for $185 each in the 245/40-17 size.
Dan,

I thought I'd read somewhere recently that Hankook was bumping up the UTQG on their R-S3 tire from 140 to 200. One of my earlier posts in this thread called out the tire wear requirements for each series. The driving requirement is that the UTQG has to be 200 or higher. I've got to check if tires are included under the "safety" heading, as you will easily hit the $500 limit on tires alone.

Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker