View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Transfer Duty Solenoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhumphris View Post
Thanks Tony. All fluids are fresh and have only done about 900 kms.

Thanks Glenn - should've bought your SVX! Hopefully this fix will be covered under warranty though ..... Will contact Barry.

Thanks Harvey. No codes showed up. Would you agree, by my description of the problem, that it would be to do with the solenoid / valve? Anything else come to mind?
There are only the two faults that it can be. If the C solenoid has an electrical or armature fault, it will post a code. The other is if the Transfer valve is stuck to keep the clutch applied. There is a procedure to tell which it is, but it still comes back to replacing the solenoid/transfer valve assemble. It may be worth replacing the clutch plates at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Toss a bottle of lubegard in there, go for a short drive to a parking lot, do a bunch of figure 8s and see if that frees things up for you. It worked for me and lasted at least 60k miles when I sold the car. It is cheap enough to try......
I would be very wary of adding one of those additives to the trans. It may free-up the brake band and the high clutch, instead.
Doing the figure 8s is mainly for new plates, these have been in service for some time, so they should be as free as they can get.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.