View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Hater

Re: SVX on American Top Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subix View Post

I didn't take the Top Gear episode to heart and I seriously doubt anyone with half a brain would turn the other way regarding the svx because some not so serious car show did less than a half ass means of representing the SVX. I honestly laughed quite a but through the show. I think it was the $200 everyone was shocked at. Even then, who really cares. Personally it's not like I'm holding onto and fixing my SVX that in hopes some day down the line it may be worth some money.. I like it for what it is and want to enjoy it for myself. I could really care less what anyone else in the world thinks of it both value wise or from any other stand point. I love the car and that should be the bottom line.

If you're in it hoping the car may be worth something someday, you're in it for the wrong reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
They were not honest . They were even playing practical jokes on each other to make the cars fail . ( shaking the champagne bottles before the caddy ride over railroad ties, moving the beer mugs for the avoidance test , and turning up the pressure and vol of the water and diliberatly shooting it through the window. You would not get that wet in a convertible with the top down in a shower at 35 mph < >

these guys get it.

was everyone thinking the SVX was going to get the ass-kissing treatment that Motortrend gives a BMW?

the show started out slow, but i'm finding the later episodes to be kinda funny. if you realize its not Top Gear UK (they seem to not even "seriously" review cars, or do the big star small car thing anymore), and just three knuckleheads hooning around in a car challenge of some sort for entertainment purposes. once you realize this, its not a bad show. it sure beats the hell out of "Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo", "Annoying Housewives of _____", or other crap reality shows.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)