View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 12:09 PM

Re: DAAAMMNN!! That was scary!!

Holy poo!

This is not encouraging. I'm currently down with an assortment of fixable problems, but the one that's really got me stumped is a brake leak somewhere. When I am able to drive it, I have to refill my resevoir about every other day or so, and that's with me driving in ways to minimize using the brake pedal.

Thing is, I can't track down the leak - there's not a drop on the driveway. There's none around the master cylinder where it connects to the brake booster. There's none on the firewall inside or out.

I saw on here once that the lines run in the rocker panel, but I don't see any access holes under the plastic trim. I know that at some point they're exposed under the back seat, but like I said, there's no pooling of fluid anywhere. Although it's sidelined now with tranny issues and I can't drive it, when I was driving it I had gone through several quarts (maybe a couple of GALLONS!) in the last few hundred miles (or less?). So the fluid's got to be pooling somewhere... eating my paint, etc.

Hearing these brake line stories scares me.

Oddly, I've owned 4 XT6es and never EVER had brake line issues with any of them. In fact I don't recall even hearing about brake line issues with an XT6 from any of my fellow owners. WTF, Subaru?!

'96 LSi, Laguna Blue (retired - soon going to a new home)
'89 XT6 5 speed (Gone but not forgotten)

Last edited by Austin; 08-20-2012 at 12:11 PM.