View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 07:51 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: The OFFICIAL This is why I will never own a nice SVX thread...

So....

I'm not even going to get into the State Farm **** because it's a mess still and I don't care at this point. The good news is the car starts and runs/drives fine.. somehow, magically. There is also no frame damage somehow it only twisted the front bumper and the impact was completely absorbed by the fenders bumper and hood. The body shop that cracked my windshield said they will replace mine but that has yet to happen.

The total cost to replace the front end parts in labor is roughly $1,460. I've come to the sad decision of just completely tearing down my Bordeaux because it needs not only a transmission and head gasket on top of body work and has twice as many miles overall. Plus I'll use the money from the parts I don't need and sell off to help repair the Laguna.

I'm excited that I will be able to keep and continue driving this car. Of course the labor does not include the parts or paint but I planned on having it repainted this year anyway, which will now have to be pushed back later until the car is actually repaired. I'll wait till the dust settles before going into detail about the shoddy estimate

But the good news is... Laguna Lives!

Last edited by Subix; 08-02-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: e