View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 05:16 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: The OFFICIAL This is why I will never own a nice SVX thread...

Thanks guys.

State Farm is trying to settle for $2,138 on my car but I've denied their offer so far.... asked me to provide dealers selling the same year model etc. I couldn't find any 94s but I did find some 95s with about 30k more miles on it, one being at $2995 and the one with 149k miles for $4,449. I really don't think I should have to settle for anything less than $2,800 after the buyback fee of $300 - it was a mechanically sound car engine and transmission and nothing was trashed interior. It had a few rust bits but nothing overly major for this kind of car.

I'm really hoping I can fix it. It may seem kind of pointless but I'm sure I can get a non-premium insurance teamed body shop to do it for half in labor cost alone. The front wheel does seem lower on the driver side but it could just be my perception of the body smushed due to the accident but I'm unsure how much damage that could've caused or if it's even repairable.

I have headlights to put in and grill, I think I can get a new front qtr fender for about $125 if memory serves me correctly and a front bumper for $250... plus whatever misc. parts that got damaged near the front side, I wouldn't think would be more than $400-$600. So $900 in parts maybe and I may be able to get away with some good labor but we'll see I guess.

The guy at the body shop just said I should just total it. Of course, they all say that.