Thread: Subaru BRZ
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 06:39 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Subaru BRZ

You know, when I first started seeing pictures of the BRZ I kind of just shrugged. It has kind of grown on me however... and I do mean kind of in all literal sense. After seeing some rather thorough videos on YT of some new owners showing off their BRZ, it definitely seems like a nice car and is priced rather well... all things considering.

The passenger side dash is boring and unimaginative and cheap looking. It leaves little to be desired and I'm sold on lust so... but that's not to say all isn't well on the outside. Then again, I would be lying to myself if I meant that. The tacky non-air vents for show is simply no better than a fake hood scoop or hood vents, which is embarrassing. If it illuminated, maybe it could pass off as semi-cool, but it doesn't and isn't. Minor quirks I know, but it adds cheapness despite the look they were trying to go for. Really dig the rear bottom brake light even if I get that Pontiac Vibe-Vibe so to speak from it. The cheap plastic trim on the bottom of the steering column is a turn off and another no-no in my book. Leave it matte black if you're going to do it like that, at least then it'll be tasteful and not $3 **** looking. I know, I'm nitpicking. So much that I still can't understand why the hell Subaru continues to use a completely dated orange sticker (or whatever it is) for the underside of the door locks inside. Seriously.

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with how fun the car is to drive, etc. etc. but when you're chucking upwards of $28,000 for something fun, it still has to grasp your attention and heart completely. There should be no questioning or 2nd guessing involved about it... which is exactly where I would feel on the BRZ. Subaru still has a lot of homework to do with the attention to minor detail and quality of it.... but that's just my opinion.