View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Remote Mount Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverLift View Post
In regards to the MAF and heat, its not the heat from the exhaust you're worried about. It is a good idea to wrap it/heat shield the MAF/intake, but much of the heat in the intake charge comes from the compressor itself as compressing air always creates heat. Although the length of intake piping may conduct/radiate enough heat away since its exposed to airflow under the car. If so, then its a non-issue.

cheers
-Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Nah, it won't matter. You could concievably put the MAF before the turbo, and as long as you're using a BPV instead of a BOV, it ought to work. It doesn't matter where along the intake tract the MAF is, it's still reading the amount of air entering the engine. Because that's the only place it has to go, any flow = flow into the engine.

I dunno, it's possible, but I kind of doubt it. I'd definitely do some kind of intercooling.

Maybe one of the air-to-water ones from frozenboost.com can be put along the intake pipe under the car. Like this: http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...5616c2d4781699
The fact is the air coming in will be colder air, remote turbo the intake air is coming from the back like that. And the distance traveled from the turbo should cool the air significantly a intercooler may help but I would doubt it would do very much.
I would wrap any exhaust piping that comes close to any intake piping to keep that heat in, helping the turbo and keeping heat soak from the intake. Use a turbo blanket and as icing said use a bypass instead of a BOV because if your ecu already thinks that air is on the way into the engine it will cause the mix to be incorrect until the O2 sensor can tell the ecu that its incorrect.