Thread: 4EAT failure?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 03:23 PM

Re: 4EAT failure?

Okay - it was raining Saturday so Sunday I got out there and the '98 Forester definitely has an automatic. Woo-hoo! (I'd rather have a 5 speed conversion but hey, this w/ a 4.44 swap - not too bad!)

I like how they have the cars up on old rims for "jackstands"... I ASSume it's relatively safe, but the fact that they're like knee high off the ground makes it great for getting underneath them! Looks like this'll be "easier" than I thought. They even have wheel barrows you can borrow to get the goods up to the front of the yard, so I won't need my dolly.

Price is $250, but the Fozzy looked like it was in really good shape (except for the wreck damage), so I'm ASSuming the tranny's been reasonably taken care of.

Nate/92SVX, my master mechanic brother-in-law said he can probably come down and help me swap it in, but I'll try to firm that up in the next day or two. Either way, thanks again for being willing to help anyway.

Just when I was starting to really get bummed out about this car, it looks like I may still be part of the community...

...'course I still need to fix my break line leak and probably start saving some cash for the eventual bad wheel bearing troubles. Nonetheless, I'm really looking forward to the 4.44 conversion.

Dave, I'll get with you on payment and shipping. I might need to wait 2 weeks or so - Maureen's company switched to a new payroll system at the beginning of the year and pushed her pay day back 2 weeks and that has caused things to get out of sync somewhat. But I'm definitely your customer on the rear end!

'96 LSi, Laguna Blue (retired - soon going to a new home)
'89 XT6 5 speed (Gone but not forgotten)