View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:06 PM

Re: Ever wonder what some 18x9.5 +38 wheels look like on an SVX?

I like the look, actually. I don't always like over-aggressive treatments.

I wonder if there are any mild front fender arch extensions that would fit the SVX's front fenders. The rear clearance doesn't look too bad, maybe rolling the fender lip, when repairing the corrosion you mentioned.

Something like these Chargespeed generic fit fender flares.

http://www.bodykits.com/Charge-Speed...SAOF02/624194/

I am not usually a big fan of that stuff... but I could see it looking mean on the front of an SVX, with the boxed flare rear fenders, and the dished wheels. Budget for wheel bearings. Lots of wheel bearings, maybe a set of spare uprights, to refurbish with new bearings while they are off the car, and rotate them back onto the car when they start complaining.

One thing, though: PLEASE don't stretch narrow tires over those wheels. Equal width, or wider tires than the rim width look and perform better.

Something symmetrical about an SVX with a SIX cylinder, and SIX spoke wheels. Even better with a SIX speed manual swap.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 03-19-2012 at 03:17 PM.