View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 08:01 PM

Re: Remote Mount Turbo

another update. I replaced the throttle body because it was original to the car (94) and easy to do. no difference. I did get an automotive stethoscope from my neighbor and I have come to the conclusion that I have 1 or 2 intermittently dead injectors, so I am gonna have to start getting new injectors after checking my wiring again.

In the mean time I still have to cut a hole in my exhaust to mount the external waste gate, replace my oil fitting on the turbo, and electric oil pump, then plumb in the water cooling.

Here are some pics of what I could get from the vacuum hoses. Maybe someone will see something I missed.

In this picture the hose that is open on the intake doesn't have any vacuum on it, the one on the throttle body has a bolt in it. even a direct shot to both hoses with starting fluid makes no difference in idling.

I hit all these hoses as best I could with the engine running with direct shots of starting fluid. Also the orange spot on the snorkel in photo 4 was that it had a crack on it right there, it was original to the car and idled fine on the other engine. I used RTV to seal up the crack, and once again a large shot of starting fluid to that spot directly had no effect on the engine. Also there is no guarantee that starting fluid will identify every case of vacuum leaks.

Last edited by Subaru Alliance; 03-10-2012 at 08:11 PM.