View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 04:01 PM

Re: Remote Mount Turbo

just updating to say THE ENGINE I SSTILL IN THE CAR. how cool is that? I tell ya how cool that is, I was working on it making some good headway, and then luckily georgia decided that today was MONSOON day. so now there is pond in my driveway.

Anyways I have about 10 mins of work on the bottom, 2x motor mounts, 2x trans stud nuts, and 1 o2 sensor wire to unplug.
On top the engine I have the starter wires, trans bolts, torque converter bolts, 1 heater hose and I believe that's it, then jack up the trans, lift the engine out.

On my re built (stock with new engine gasket set) engine it chunked the keyway on the crank snout and damaged the crank pulley. I welded and sanded it into a permanent keyway, the (original to the engine) timing belt drive pulley (the one behind the crank pulley that drives the t-belt) also broke so I swapped the (original to the car) one onto the rebuilt engine, as well as the alternator. new timing belt and accessory belts. If that stuff had already been done the engine would undoubtedly be outside the car right now, but none the less, if the weather cooperates with me tomorrow the swap should be done tomorrow evening.