View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 06:16 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Power Mode Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92snowmachine View Post
the light should come on for a little bit when you first turn on the key. it will flash a bunch of time (16?) if you have any transmission codes. probably have to get the light to work before trying to engage power mode. if you use manual mode does it work even though the light doesn't?
I guess I should have started a new thread. I just took the instrument panel out and tested some bulbs. The power and manu bulbs are fine. Also checked the gear indicator bulbs (none have ever worked for me), and the only one blown was the "D" bulb.
So it seems that I have a bigger problem than blown bulbs.

Here's what doesn't work:

1: gear indicator lights in dash. All bulbs except "D" are good.

2: Power light / mode. I'm sure the bulb is good, but it doesn't even come on momentarily when I start the car. I have never seen the bulb light, and have not noticed any significant change in shifting when I "mash the gas"

3: Manual light / mode. I have played with the manual button and shift lever several times and it doesn't seem to make any difference no matter what combination I try.

4: a few other random illumination bulbs (defroster, cruise, etc). I think these are just blown bulbs, but I figured I would note it anyway.

5: the ABS doesn't work. I think it's just missing a relay. although I have noticed the air bag light on as well...

6: the security system. the light comes on when I push the button but I can't get it into programming mode so I'm not sure if my keyfob works. I don't think the electric locks work either. I think there was an aftermarket security system installed at one point because there is a black box under the steering column that says Astroflex on it.

Most everything else electrical seems to work.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

P.S. I'll start a new thread if that would be better...

SOLD - 1992 LSL 180K #8588 with svxfiles' all aluminum radiator; Wolf's head synthetic ATF in tranny and power steering; lighted power mode switch; Mobil 1 10W30 motor oil with Bosch 72158 filter; ACDelco A975C air filter; Valvoline synthetic 75W-90 gear oil, Optima BlueTop battery
2002 F550 74K
SOLD - 2000 F450 215K
1987 BMW 535i 209K
1999 Yamaha SRX 700