View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:27 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Remote Mount Turbo

I run 4-5 PSI for now, the engine is stock. The turbo is a non-cooled T4/T3 hybrid. A/R 0.82, B54 compressor wheel. Spools below 2000 rpm. The turbo was installed in 2000 by the previous owner, I have updated the engine management, MAF and the injectors.

Where do you plan to have your MAF? I am under the impression that if you blow thru it you might run into contamination and other issues. If you suck thru it and go with the remote the MAF will be very far from the throttle butterflies and you may see a time lag.

Also when placing the BOV, remember that if the MAF is upstream from the valve you will blow off some already measured air. You might be better off with a by pass valve. I have a Forge all metal one - the plastic Bosch type in the photos is just a PITA.

Even though the remote installation is cool and something different.... you might reconsider a more conventional arrangement . There's enough space.

After I finnish my power train project ( http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58965 ) I might look into an air to water intercooler in place of the metal pressure box. But before that I will try running with E85 - it has an octane level of 105-109 RON and the latent heat of vaporization is significantly higher than gasoline. All this reduces the need for an intercooler. I have the flex fuel version of the stage 2, but never tried it.

Tapani