View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 11:47 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Calipers to go with: Raybestos, Cardone or Centric Parts?

there are differences between rebuilt and remanufactured. make sure you are comparing like products when pricing. also many companies offer loaded calipers that are complete with bracket, hardware, and pad. others offer semi-loaded which is everything but the pad. others still sell calipers that are just the caliper. i would recommend to buy loaded calipers if you want drop in ready (you just bolt up the bracket and line) but would personally just buy caliper by itself so i could choose my own pads and don't want to replace the bracket and hardware if nothing is wrong with them. as far as looks, buy the cheapest and spray them with caliper paint.
all in all i would say just buy the cheapest calipers you can find or rebuild your own. i have seen lots of calipers from different manufacturers and they all are pretty similar. it's not like cardone or raybestos has a seperate facility that is making the square o-ring that goes around the piston. they all use the same parts and do the same process. for some reason the expensive ones seem more likely to put the bleeder on the wrong side of the caliper (so you get two lefts or two rights).