View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 02:03 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Video of the BRZ GT300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
it might be a blast to drive in the twisties, but that's about it. i'm not a parking lot cone track racecar driver wannabe, so i'm interested in real world handling, braking, AND power.
Car & Driver just voted the EVO the best handling car under $40k. it even beat the Miata "driver's car". i can't speak for the oversteering pig STi.

i would have really liked, and probably bought a BRZ/FR-S if it had some decent output and AWD - cars have gotten too big lately and i want something light and nimble. however, i also need something that goes well in snow and isn't quite so weak.
Only on a track can you push these cars to hit the numbers shown in Car and Driver magazine. So in real world driving these cars will never hit the numbers. The numbers only matter on the track.

If you are interested in real world handling, braking, and power... then the numbers in Car and Driver mean nothing.

The most important "number" in the list is the bottom one... "Fun to Drive." The Miata scored the same as the Evo... though they are entirely different cars.

I am just talking about just the pure driver's experience. And the BRZ will deliver, on the real road everyday and on a track or autocross coarse. It will be fun to drive... the reviews are coming in. And, you know down the road there will be a turbo STi version.

The old saying is true, "It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow." Driving to work in a 300hp rally beast is a waste... you can't legally enjoy the thing. You can never experience the limit... so it is just like any other car. I took my STi to the track every chance I could get... that's where the fun is in these cars.

Last edited by dbarnblatt; 12-03-2011 at 02:10 PM.