Thread: 500 awhp?!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 08:12 PM
The NEWBIE

Registered SVX
Re: 500 awhp?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Oh that's right, you're an SVX owner. I should rephrase, to do it PROPERLY, have fun spending $30k on a full and proper build up of a car
so the way that goes does anybody actually do it the proper way?! it seems kinda dumb not to buy an STI with 2 turbos! that'd cost $40k-50 total

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92snowmachine View Post
if you really want to spend the money and really want that much power there is one option i considered. dropping a northstar v8 in the back seat, since it's fwd use axle for one wheel to power rear diff and the other to the front. they come with 300hp stock and are capable of a lot more. only reason i considered it was when i had a totalled caddy with a good engine and had seen my buddys rock crawler. apparently it's a new craze with them because the northstar is really light pretty small and it eliminates the need for a transfer case or center differential. i actually measured the back seat and trunk area. would take lots of fab work but would fit rather easily. if you are going to spend the money might as well make a mid engine awd beast.
does this actually work? what tranny and diffs to use? how much frame work needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
That reminds me, my build advice was for ~350-375 at the crank, not the wheels.
that makes it around 275 to the wheels! subis are hard! all that trouble for a little over 100hp gain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Not any more than the VW I saw with the front mounted 327 Chevy V8<LOL> When he came to the light you expected to see a driver you saw an air cleaner . He sat in the back seat. If you got the time skill and Money you can do anything. I bet he scared quite a few Street Racers . The SVX is just too heavy to win many off the line races . You would be better of trying to take off 600 or 700 lb than to raise the HP 50 or 60 hp. a 3,000lb 250hp car would be competitive at the DRAGS
VW golf? how can you fit a v8 in place of a VR6/i4?! i know that putting a V8 in the front will change the handling dramatically(if it fits) this is probably a cheaper option but has other problems...thanks for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
You could always do a 150hp wet shot of nitrous.....Much cheaper to implement - even if you blow a motor apart you're still going to end up way ahead of trying to do a turbo or supercharger build. LAN used to sell a setup made for it with an ECU chip to retard timing, jets that plug in to each throttle, etc.
that is gonna be dangerous! but i may do it if i don't find a cheap STI
-Regasketed Engine @140k
-Enkei Raijin 18x8.5, with 255/35/18's @140k
-BC racing Coilovers (From STI's) @142k