View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 AM

Re: SVX poly suspension bushes

swaybar bushings work great. Not that bad to install either, just use a pair of jackstands to keep the whole front of the car up and the bar unloaded.

I got one side of the front A-arm bushings in. I hate to say it but they might deflect more than the OEM ones. The OEM ones have alot of metal which means that the softer rubber simply can't deflect much. That said, I suspect my car may have had recently aquired new bushings in the A-arm as while doing this I discovered my SVX had been in a highspeed trip into the ditch. new oil pan, transmission pan, subframe brace, dented bottom surfaces on both A-arms, etc all point to it. The A-arm came out a little too easy and while my SVX was too "rust proofed" from the valvecovers to tell, it seemed like the undercoating was broken where the rear subframe mount would normaly be well glued on by said undercoating.

So going from a old A-arm bushing to a new urathane bushing may feel quite awesome. While for me it feels like it allows just a bit more flex in hard braking.