View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:58 PM

Registered SVX
Re: suggestions for cars that are under $10,000?

it's not really that mechanics have figured out how to get them out, more that now we know they are a problem and there are many tools out designed specifically for that engine. i would go about taking out spark plugs on a car that has sat for 50 years the same way i do these. have never broken a plug and have changed many. if you go about it the way you would expect a regular plug to come out you will break it. ford trucks are junk and have been for a long time, as evidenced by stepping onto a tool truck and seeing all of the special tools that say "ford spark plug extractor". the problem isn't really the two piece plug it's the cheap metal the head is made of. same way their door handles aren't a crappy design but are always broken because they are made of the cheapest plastic known to man. i service my friends fleet of 3 geo metros for his dog walking business, none of them have had the spark plugs or door handles break. if what is widely considered to be one of the cheapest and crappiest cars around is higher quality then your truck i bet it says ford on your steering wheel (unless that fell off to).