Thread: EGR valve
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 06:11 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Re: EGR valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Texas does emissions testing? I didn't know that.

What year is your car?

Also, there are two possible EGR codes on the OBD 1 cars, the EGR solenoid and the EGR temp sensor. The 92s didn't have the temp sensor and won't care that it's not there, but the 94s will throw a code if it's missing/unplugged only (regardless of what it reads). They'll all throw a code for the solenoid if it's bad/unplugged.
I have given this some thought and I don't think you're right about the 92's. I saw this because I had a friend, Amy from San Antonio, who had a 92 pearl SVX a few years back and she constantly had issues with the check engine light coming on because of the EGR code. She ended up having the EGR replaced 3 times before she eventually sold it.
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.