View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 05:55 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Re: Can you eliminate a noise by just putting the car up on a lift?

Update on this.

The knocking noise has slowly come back over a four month period. I was just starting to hear it again when Nate came through our area and now it is almost back to where it was before the car was put up on a lift.

One new observation is that I can actually feel the knock with my left foot. I noticed that yesterday when I was pushing down on the floor (just behind the wheel well area) to scoot myself up in the seat while driving. When I heard the noise I could feel it under my foot like something was knocking the other side. I haven't noticed it with my right foot but, then again, that foot is usually on the gas.

Would that point to something specific? I was thinking the sway bar bushings were sticky and the bar was shifting over too far over time, as one person had suggested. It doesn't look like it has but it is hard for me to judge how close is too close between the bar and the mounting hardware. I don't know how much it moves while driving.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything