View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Interior swap blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92snowmachine View Post
make your own reproduction vin plate out of a thin piece of steel and some number/letter punches. this is a common issue in my other car club (50's mopars) because you have to remove it to do a good paint job. most people have gotten away with faking their vin plate this way, since you can't get a very good visual through the windshield i would think that if it was close to original looking it would pass. i doubt many cops are experts as to exactly how subaru was making svx vin plates.

Why don't you just tell him to rob a bank while your telling him to create an illegal vin which will eventually cost someone the car, a sizable chunk of change and possibly some visits with Bubba in the shower.

Provided you have the car legally and can prove that you have it legally start with Subaru, just like with any manufacturer it is their job to supply replacement LEGAL vin for LEGALLY owned cars. If that doesn't work out or your lacking the proper proof then move toward a bonded title. With the SVXs value being that of a nicely kept Yugo, it shouldn't cost ya more than a couple hundred in the bond.