View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Re: I've started a blog to explain my problems with Sony's customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92snowmachine View Post
if you look around on the net you can probably find a way to get into the service mode of the tv. usually pushing several buttons on it at once. they usually have an option to "deguass" the screen. i had this issue with a sony tv several years ago and a tv repair man showed me how to use this feature, charged me $100 and sent me on my way. i had to do it about once a week until it eventually stopped working. the tv repairman claimed it was because the case of the tv wasn't shielded from the magnetic field that the screen itself creates. don't know if he is right or even if it will work for your tv but it's worth a shot not to look at the blob. if your tv doesn't have the option you can even use a computer monitor that does by holding it directly in front of your screen.
Thank you for the suggestion, I was originally hoping my problem could be fixed that easily. But the problems with my tv are from the optical block letting light seep through certain filters or the filters themselves becoming damaged

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company