View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 06:22 PM

Registered SVX
Re: oddness of my oddity is being odd :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Yes you would not notice any thing till the linings started to break-up, yes it would cause the hard shifts due to no converter action, but that would have been the end result of the problem. Till then there has been bits of the lining coming away, flowing to the cooler to block it and slowly reducing the flow of cool lubricating oil to the gears and shafts.

Harvey.
ah ok , hmmm thats definatly sounds more like wats going on then any of the elec side of things , which would also explain why one of the hoses started leaking the day i got it registered , i changed them and looked at the ones i removed and couldnt see any cracks in them and fluid was pouring out of it when running , but didnt leak once i changed them .

do you know if any other model subaru tc's will work ? or is my best option to just take the rego off it and save for a manual swap instead of trying to fix the tc to just have some other problem arise in the auto ?

i attempted to check the tps but i only had a small pin and my hands are too big to get it into the white wire between the vac hoses that are there and it was starting to rain . also with 4 or so inches of clearance and the car park being on a 20* angle its kind of not the best place to try to give the gearbox/tc a whack with a hammer .
hmm i wonder if my ghetto old rolla will pass a blueslip again haha