View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:26 PM

Re: Subaru SVX in Fringe Episode on FOX! 9/30/2011

I saw the SVX on Fringe last night too! I've just now had my first chance to see if anyone else already posted about it. I'd have been surprised if no one had! I first noticed it the second time they showed a shot of the gas station from that angle. Only the extreme passenger side headlight & hood corner was visible, and I thought: was that there in the first shot too, and I just missed it? By the 3rd shot I finally got a good view, like in that screen capture. By the last shot, the SVX had already left the station!

It was also my thought that the SVX must still be in production, or at least more recently/widely in production in the alternate universe...and still available in teal. I wonder if teals have black trunks ans roofs in the alternate universe... With those $0.99 gas prices there, it'd be a great place to own an SVX!

Back in the first shot, when the minivan pulled in, I was disappointed that it was such a normal,contemporary, unmodified vehicle. And there weren't any double decker cars like the alternate universe toy from the '80's or 70's shown in a previous episode. So the SVX was a nice surprise.