View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 09:36 AM

Registered SVX
Re: alternator wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
Why are you replacing the two existing white wires? Just trim them back as far as you can before they splice into a larger bundle and twist them together and insulate. Not attached to anything else but each other,

Go back and re-read the wiring configuration. They are no longer necessary to be connected to the alternator.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...8&d=1270948752
I'm not replacing the starter wire, i was just outlining for boxer what the system is gonna look like i'm only replacing the engine ground ( corroded) body ground(upgrade) and alternator post(upgrade)

as for the existing cables from the alternator, they are completely corroded/burnt right to the fusebox so i need to redo the wiring. it splits off and connects to the ABS fuse, FAN LH and RH fuse and weirdly enough it connects to the other alternator wire thats connected to the plug.

as for mounting i still dont know yet, i'll be getting it tuesday.
when i'm there i'm gonna see if they have a 4awg to small ring terminal if not, cut a section off it make it smaller and resolder.

another option is to sandwitch it between 2 washers on the post