View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 09:30 PM

Re: alternator wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
That's because they have no cores left. Many have been buying alternators and not returning their old cores for rebuilding. I have posted this problem many times. This hurts all of us.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...3&postcount=21

I've got a core, and absolutely counted on sending it in with the RMA to be included. I wouldn't even mind sending it first. The car is grounded anyway, with a flat, as well as not being able to run more than a few minutes without draining the battery as flat as the tire.

I am not sure what turn-around time they usually have, but I'd wait a reasonable amount of time.

I think it is a bit odd that they charged my Paypal, and booked UPS, but not a peep from them about the backlog, even over the last two business days since I sent a message.

But I just received my new Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires this afternoon, and would like to have the SVX back in 'fighting shape' by the end of the month, which is why I started placing orders at the beginning of the month.

Because then the Legacy has to go down, and get it's new dampers and bushings installed. (which I am also thinking of tackling myself, too...) I have been putting off maintenance a bit due to money, and it all has to get done before winter.

Thanks again, for all the helpful information. I also took your recommendation on the littelfuse MegaFuse, and just got the 175-amp fuse today, and the fuse holder and large-gauge crimper came late last week.

I hope your modification is going well, too Gamesy. I completely understand about the budgetary concerns.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 09-20-2011 at 09:52 PM.