View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 06:42 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

Re: A special 5 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
On the driver's side front fender there appear to be couple of very large "dings".

On the tranny, you said "Exedy organic clutch and a Fidanza billet aluminum lightweight flywheel". I'm not an expert so I don't know what components would be the weakest link. If it is the gears versus the clutch, for example, does anyone know what these gears can handle?
Wait a minute- this question seems to be switching back and forth between door and fender. Sorry if I answered the wrong question.

There is a scrape forward of the wheelwell on the driver's fender. It's about 6" long, and most of it is actually a paint scuff. At the rear end of this scuff it becomes a ding- about 2" long and 1/4" deep. There is also a ding behind the wheelwell about 2" in dia. Yes, I would definitely call them "dings". I've got a good fender I can include if it helps.

I will try to get you a couple of better pics in the morning. It's dark now.

Sorry for the confusion.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC