View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 02:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to nutshell Send a message via MSN to nutshell Send a message via Yahoo to nutshell Send a message via Skype™ to nutshell
Re: Another SVX for the mix

No problems y'all.
Just after getting it home I found that my air con idler pulley was kaput, frozen solid - and the belt had failed. Though the pump had already gone on the 'parts mobile', the idler assembly now has a new home. Lucky, eh!
Maybe that event accounted for the l/hand radiator fan making strange wheezing sounds...also now replaced.
Next will be the front hubs, either one or both, once I have worked out how to do this efficiently. At least one of my front wheel bearings is noisily tuning up for catastrophic failure and it makes financial sense to use what I now have rather than line Winger's pockets (bless their little cotton soxs).
I may pull the cluster apart to get at those little gear position indicators, and I am thinking about hangng onto the glass, and also the lights, but I won't need that fan assembly in the rear or (touch wood) the air con display on the dash; mine still works

Last edited by nutshell; 09-06-2011 at 03:12 AM.