View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: 92 Ls-l California, Best Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
To be completely honest, if you look at the market, one with that kinda mileage with none or minor issues doesn't typically sell for your asking price.
Not criticizing, just explaining.

You'd be better off pulling anything you want to keep from the car (ie, stereo, speakers, rims/tires, etc) and putting stock back on and dropping the price. The market just isn't there anymore.
Yeah, that's about what I expected. I figured I'd get more hits off of craigslist than here. Problem is that I can't return it to stock without spending a bunch more money. If I pulled the stage II kit off it wouldn't run anymore (don't have the stock bits anymore), but selling a non-runner would be even harder. If this car ends up getting scrapped it'd be without the new Alt, battery, stereo, etc. but even that might be a hard sell. I really don't want to see it go that way, but I just can't keep it myself and nobodyelse wants it. I wish I had a garage to keep this car and tinker with it.

I see two options: strip it down and have it hauled away (NOT preferred) or fix the issues out of pocket and hope to earn that money back (not likely). Talk about a-rock-and-a-hard-spot. I doubt anyone in the world has more experience buying and selling SVX than you, so your advice is highly regarded. Want to buy your old driveshaft back?
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.