View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: Waterpump, Timing belt, replace

Ok...the good.
After talking to Tom (SVXfiles) and discussing the pros and cons of wedging a breaker bar against the ground and using the starting motor for torque .... and risking #1 broken teeth on the startermotor gear, #2 broken teeth on the torque converter #3 the risk of wrenches.. bars and sockets flying all over the back yard... I went with his method. Using a hardened impact 7/8 inch socket on my breaker bar and wacking the hell out of it with a 4lb mallet ... The pulley nut was loose after about 30 blows... and more than a little frustration

Upon removing the Crank Pulley and the center cover my suspicion of a seized water pump was confirmed.. which is a good thing actually...my imagination had started to run away with itself on possible other reasons for the overheating.. i.e. bad head gasket...

As I was attempting to remove the waterpump.. I noticed that the rear timing belt cover sort of covers the removal of the water pump... The only way I can see around breaking it is to remove the Left Side Cam Gear...

Any other solutions out there? a couple of pictures on my Iphone not down loaded yet...
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .