View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176
Alignment shop can't get the front right camber back into spec

I need the board's help on this one. After replacing all struts, mounts, rubbers, ball joints, tie rod ends, and the rear camber hardware, I had the local Firestone shop align my vehicle. I did not replace the bushings on the front A arms or the rear trailing arms. They are not able to bring the front right camber back into spec and suggested that I get a "camber kit". I don't think such kits exists for this car besides the OEM camber bolts.

Neither of us could find any signs of damage on the lower A arm or the spindle. The car pulls very slightly to the right but other than that, she drives great. I was tempted to make the camber bolt more eccentric by welding and grinding a bead on there. This sounds rather red neck like and I hope to find a better solution, if it exists.

See the attached PDF file for the printout from the alignment computer. Looks like my camber is at -1.7º and the normal range is -1.2º to 0.3º.

The car have not been in a wreck on my watch and no signs of any damage under the vehicle or on the body.
Thanks for any advice.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SVX alignment sheets Firestone.pdf (666.0 KB, 262 views)

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E