View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Re: ECU tune Transmission control unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
The 96 TCU I did was labled MQ and is under the steering column. It uses the same processor as the obd1 cars and I have done the ECUtune performance mods to it, given the firmware to Phil, and posted the code for the ECUtune mods to Phil's gearshift map thread.

The TCU I have as a 97 is the same as your MY. So I guess there is a break somewhere in 96. The MY uses a different processor and does not have an external memory socket.
Mike,

I got a little mixed up in ECU/TCU land. I know you don't have an OBD2 ECU available but it sounds like a 1996 TCU may still be upgraded IF it is labeled MQ versus MY. Is that correct? If so, do you have any idea if an MY TCU can be replaced by an MQ in a 1996? After reading lots of threads on ECUs and TCUs I got the impression that all bets are off for any ECU/TCU mods in an OBD2 car but, after re-reading this thread, I am starting to think that may not be the case. And I found another thread from last November where you said that you found the solenoid A memory locations for the 1996 TCU. I need to look at my car to see what the code is on the TCU and, hopefully it will be MQ.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything

Last edited by Huskymaniac; 08-19-2011 at 07:55 PM.