Model: LSi

VIN: JF1CX8656TH100108

Manufacture date: 10/95

Paint Color: Brilliant Red

Interior Color: Tan leather

Miles: 149,000

Options:

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: Kenwood DNX5120 head unit, nav, XM radio, iPod, Bluetooth. Infinity speakers all around. 4.44 transmission with ~70K miles on it at this point (49K in this car). Hard wire kit for Valentine One is installed, but radar detector not part of sale. The 4.44 has a rear open differential from the donor Forester, but I have a stock SVX limited slip differential which will be included in the sale. Needs a new ring and pinion to make it 4.44 or swap from the currently installed one.

Major service:

Engine Condition: Good, starts and runs beautifully.

Maintenance Records: Yes, from previous owner as well as myself

Transmission condition: Good. Slight occasional leak of transmission fluid... rear seals seem to be the culprit but I have replaced them and still occasionally get a small amount of fluid on the exhaust. Never lost more than a small amount at any one time.

Glass condition: Excellent. No chips or cracks.

Type of tire and remaining tread: Tires new 06/2011.

Type of wheels: Stock, good condition. A bit of fade on the plastic caps.

Interior condition: Excellent, only one small (half inch) tear in the drivers seat down by the plastic trim. Easily repaired.

Body condition: Very good. Some paint fade on the roof and some chips that have been repaired with filler and painted. Car could use a full repaint in the next few years, but there's no rust I can find, and a very small number of door dings. The usual peppering of chips in the hood, but again none down to the metal that I can locate.

Known defects or problems: Possibly a bad front wheel bearing (drivers side). I have got all the parts to replace but haven't had the time. Some hot spots on the front brake rotors, but brakes work very well.

Comments about the car: This is the best SVX I've ever owned, and I love it. However, I don't really have room in my life for another car at this time, and particularly one I need to work on (hence why I have all the parts to fix the wheel bearings and haven't done it yet). I bought the car thinking I'd have more time to work on it, but life has a way of proving one incorrect

Asking price: $4000 OBO.

Pictures: here.

My Rides:
Red 1996 SVX LSi (Saffron)
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (Kaitlin)

Previously owned; green '95 L AWD (sold), black/pearlie '94 LSi (too many problems), Polo Green '96 SVX LSi (apparently notThe end of an era)

Member #2 in the Yahoo! club, been here since the beta-testing days. In dire need of a cheaper hobby.

Last edited by thumper_svx; 08-23-2011 at 02:05 PM.