View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Yet another trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSVXintheChi View Post
what car do you take on these trips? you have so many too choose from it must be hard to pick
Well, the last couple trips, basically this one coming up and the Reading, etc trip in May, I took a 98 Grand Caravan with a dolly as I will be again, but have also used a Durango and full trailer. If I'm not hauling a car and don't need to carry a ton of stuff, which is almost never on my longer trips, then I'll use an SVX. Reading in 2010 was a fun one.

This is how I drove the SVX home.

I also have random and various pics of other trips and how loaded I've had whatever tow vehicle as well as the SVX I was pulling home. I've yet to upload any from the Reading trip but had the Caravan packed with tools, transmissions and literally, 1/2 an SVX, and then towing an SVX loaded with a ton of parts as well.

Here's a link to my facebook with tons of random pictures. Some I have taken down and need to put back of random scenery from trips and whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
What I am wondering is what you do for a living that allows you to go on a month long adventure?

Is Scranton the closest you are coming to NY? I will probably need an A/C compressor soon......
Scranton or NW Connecticut possibly is the closest to NY. An a/c compressor is easy and cheap enough to ship as it will fit in a flat rate box with no problems.

What I do for a living is flipping cars, selling parts, and working on cars. Not many people know their way around an SVX, so I offer up services and help when I go on these trips so they basically fund themselves. I don't make a ton of money, but it helps people out and in the WI/IL area the cost of living is drastically minimal compared to most of the northeast as far as what I've heard and seen.